Air fryer french toast is simple and delicious! You can whip this up in less than 10 minutes, and your family will gobble it up so fast that it will fly off of your table!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and might I add the most delicious? Try out these other family-friendly breakfast recipes like this breakfast casserole, these pancakes, or these overnight oats!
French Toast Cooked in the Air Fryer
I love breakfast food but cooked in an air fryer? Come on! It doesn’t get much better than that! Trust me when I tell you that this air fryer french is the best. It comes out with the perfect texture, and the egg mixture that it’s dipped in is flavored to perfection. Top it with some syrup and berries, and you will never go back to making french toast any other way!
The air fryer makes this process so simple, and another reason why I love it is that it’s mess-free! No more skillets. Jut pot the french toast in that air fryer, flip it over after a couple of minutes, and voila! You have yourself a breakfast for the books. It’s so easy that you may even have some extra time to whip up some yogurt parfaits or bacon to go with it! Try it out! Cooking in an air fryer is the best!
Ingredients to Make French Toast in the Air Fryer
The ingredients are just as simple for air fryer french toast as any French toast recipe. The flavors for this one include cinnamon, so you will get that classic taste no matter what! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Eggs: The eggs are the base of the batter. I used large eggs for this recipe.
- Milk: I used 1 percent milk but any milk that you have on hand is fine.
- Cinnamon: This is a classic ingredinet for french toast and it really takes the flavor up a notch!
- Vanilla: This adds a slightly sweet flavor.
- Butter: I used unsalted butter in this recipe.
- Bread: I prefer to use Texas toast or French bread so that the slices are thicker.
- Berries: Blueberries, backberries, strawberries or raspberries are my g0-to fruit for this air fryer french toast!
- Powdered Sugar: Sprinkle a little bit on top after your syrup.
- Syrup: You can use any flavor of syrup to put on top. Try out this homemade caramel syrup, it’s delicious!
How Do You Make Air Fryer French Toast?
Making french toast in the air fryer is EASY! Once you try out this method, you will have a hard time cooking this any other way again!
- Mix Ingredients: In a medium size bowl add eggs and milk and whisk together until smooth. Add in the cinnamon and vanilla and whisk.
- Dip and Cook: Dip your french toast into the mixture. Then, add it to the basket of your air fryer. Cook at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes, then flip. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until golden.
- Top: Top with your favorite toppings, fresh berries, powdered sugar, and syrup and enjoy!
Syrup is my all-time favorite topping for French toast! Try out these homemade ones and you will never go back to buying syrup at the store again!
How do you Store and Reheat French Toast?
If you cooked up a little too much and have some leftovers, then you should call yourself lucky! This air fryer french toast is easily stored and can be reheated to taste totally fresh!
- In the Refrigerator: Once your french toast has cooled then place it in an airtight container in your fridge. It will last 3-4 days.
- To Reheat: When you are ready to reheat your leftovers, you can just pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds- 1 minutes or until heated through. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
In a medium size bowl, add eggs and milk and whisk together until smooth. Add in the cinnamon and vanilla and whisk.
Dip your french toast into the mixture. Then, add it to the basket of your air fryer. Cook at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes, then flip. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until golden.
Top with your favorite toppings, fresh berries, powdered sugar, and syrup and enjoy!
Calories290kcal (15%)Carbohydrates20g (7%)Protein10g (20%)Fat18g (28%)Saturated Fat8g (40%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat3gTrans Fat1gCholesterol183mg (61%)Sodium340mg (14%)Potassium124mg (4%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar5g (6%)Vitamin A481IU (10%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium80mg (8%)Iron7mg (39%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.