There are plenty of ways using which you can consume bitter gourd. Incorporating bitter gourd in your daily diet is quite easy. You can simply eat bitter gourd raw as a salad, or simply blend it into a tasty beverage, or make bitter gourd tea.
1. Bitter Gourd Tea
- 3-4 slices Dried or fresh slices of bitter gourd (no seeds)
- 200 ml water
- Honey or agave syrup
- Take a tea pan, pour some water, and bring it to boil.
- Boil the water on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Put bitter gourd slices and into the boiling water and stir properly so that all the nutrients are immersed into the water.
- Turn off the stove, add honey and let it sit aside for a couple of minutes.
- Use a strainer and filter the content.
- Serve hot
2. Stir-Fried Bitter Gourd
- 1 tbsp Olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 sliced bitter gourds – seeds removed
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 1 small onion – finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat up the stove, place a saucepan, and pour oil
- Add finely chopped onion and crushed garlic cloves to the pan
- Stir the mixture until you achieve medium-brown texture
- Now add chopped tomatoes into the pan and stir properly
- After 2-3 minutes of stirring, add sliced bitter gourd to the pan
- Cook until the bitter gourd turns translucent
- Whisk two eggs and pour the mixture into the pan
- Continue to stir until the eggs are cooked
- Turn off the stove and season the content with salt and pepper
- Eat as it is or serve it with noodles or rice