This black bean dip flavored with garlic, lime, and spices is going to be the star of your next party! It whips up in minutes and is absolutely irresistible.
Quick and Easy Black Bean Dip Recipe
Dips are one of my favorite snacks to prepare because they’re so easy, and so delicious! No matter what flavors you’re craving, there’s a dip to satisfy it! I’ve posted quite a few dip recipes on my blog over the years, but I have to say- I think bean dips are some of my all-time favorites! They’ve just got the best texture. Thick, rich, and loaded with flavor! Everyone seems to love this refried bean dip whenever it’s around, so I decided to give it a go with black beans instead!
You’re going to love how easy this recipe is to throw together. All it takes is a can of black beans, cilantro, garlic, and spices from your cupboard. And did I mention it’s vegan? It’s a tasty appetizer that everyone can enjoy! You won’t be able to stop at just one taste. This easy, healthy black bean dip is dangerously binge-able! Need more inspo for parties and game days? Find my full list of favorite dips here!
Everything You’ll Need to Make It
This black bean dip is full of so much flavor but only needs a few pantry staples to throw it together! Because it only uses a handful of ingredients, it’s a great last-minute option for parties and potlucks. Find all measurements below in the printable recipe card.
- Black Beans: Canned works great! Make sure these are drained and rinsed before adding to your food processor.
- Olive Oil: Adds an earthy flavor and helps everything to mix together smoothly.
- Cilantro: Cilantro adds a punch of sharp, minty flavor that pairs really well with lime.
- Garlic Cloves: The more garlic the better! It adds the perfect base flavor to this dip.
- Cumin: Cumin adds a delicious, nutty flavor to your black bean dip.
- Lime Juice: I used fresh lime juice here, but a squeeze of bottled lime juice works too!
- Salt and Pepper: Add both to your liking!
How to Make Black Bean Dip
It doesn’t get easier than this. It may be super simple to prepare, but trust me, it’s a crowd-pleaser! Serve it up with the most delicious dippables (I’ve got recommendations below!) and you’ll be the talk of the neighborhood.
- Blend: In a food processor, add the black beans, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, cumin, and lime. Pulse until it reaches desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve: Then, all you have to do is serve with chips and veggies!
Yeah, dips are great, but what would they be without chips? Here are a few of my favorite recipes that you can make at home to get the full experience! No dip is complete without a tasty variety of dippables! Black bean dip also tastes great alongside crackers and fresh veggies like carrots and celery.
Storing Leftover Dip
You’re going to love having this black bean dip in the fridge to snack on. It’s the perfect thing to pair all of your favorite chips with!
- In the Refrigerator: Store your black bean dip in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- In the Freezer: As if you needed any more reason to make this dip, it can be frozen for 2-3 months! Simply thaw overnight in the fridge when you’re ready to enjoy it.
In a food processor, add the black beans, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, cumin, and lime. Pulse until it reaches desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with chips and veggies!
Calories110kcal (6%)Carbohydrates1gProtein1g (2%)Fat12g (18%)Saturated Fat2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat9gSodium1mgPotassium16mgFiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A49IU (1%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium6mg (1%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.