Crispy and creamy, air fryer avocado fries are a quick and easy snack that the whole family will love! They’re so delicious and perfect for dipping!
Crispy Air Fryer Avocado Fries Recipe
I love avocados in every form. Whether it’s guacamole, stuffed avocados, or hummus, there isn’t a dish that this creamy fruit won’t work in. (That’s right, it’s a fruit!) For all of my fellow avocado lovers out there, you’re in for a treat. What’s crispy, creamy, and ready in 5 minutes? If you haven’t already guessed, it’s these insanely good air fryer avocado fries. You’re welcome in advance.
These are golden and crispy on the outside, thanks to a super simple breading of flour, egg, and panko breadcrumbs. They’re seasoned with garlic and Italian herbs so each bite is the perfect combo of crispy, creamy, and savory! You’re going to need to put on a Netflix show and grab your favorite dips for this one. This is the most delicious (and surprisingly healthy!) snack for a cozy night in. No oil, no frying, no mess! Just a few minutes of prep and then you get to enjoy crispy, creamy nirvana.
Everything You Need to Make Them
This recipe is perfect for throwing together on a whim. Avocado fries only need a handful of simple ingredients to make. Isn’t it the best when you can make a tasty treat without a trip to the store?! Measurements for each ingredient can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Avocados: Since this is the star of the show, it’s super important to make sure your avocados are as fresh as possible! See tips on picking the best avocados below.
- Eggs: This is used in your batter to help everything stick.
- Flour: Adds a thin layer of crispiness to your fries.
- Panko Breadcrumbs: Panko is a must for that perfect light and crispy outer layer!
- Italian Seasoning: This is my go-to blend of herbs. It’s savory and aromatic! You can use prepackaged Italian seasoning or make your own blend at home.
- Garlic Powder: This will give each avocado fry a delicious, savory base.
- Salt: Salt helps to boost the overall flavor of your fries.
How to Make Avocado Fries in an Air Fryer
It doesn’t get easier than this! 3 simple steps are all it takes to make these delicious snacks. You’ll be amazed at how they turn out! This has got to be one of my new favorite appetizers. It’s perfect for game days, an after-school snack, or just a weekend movie night!
- Cut Avocados, Prepare Batter: Slice the avocados in half lengthwise and then cut into wedges. In a shallow dish, add the eggs, in another dish add the flour, and in the last dish, add the panko, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
- Prep Avocado Slices: Dip the avocado into the flour, then egg, and lastly in the panko. Lay in the basket of your air fryer.
- Cook: Spray the avocado with olive oil spray. Cook at 360 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Then flip over and cook for 5-7 minutes until golden and crispy.
Tips and Tricks
These are just a few simple tips on how to perfect your air fryer avocado fries. You’re going to be hooked!
- Picking the Perfect Avocado: Ripe avocados can be tricky to find. Look for avocados that are dark in color without blemishes. Gently squeeze the top of the avocado- if it gives slightly, it’s ready to eat. Avoid anything too mushy or too firm.
- Space Between Fries: Your air fryer avocado fries need plenty of air flow in order to cook properly. Don’t overcrowd your basket and make sure there is plenty of space between each fry.
- Make Them Spicy: If you want your avocado fries to have more kick, try adding a little Cajun spice to your panko mix!
Anything this crispy and delicious needs an equally delicious dip to go with it. Whether you like your dips cool and creamy or with some kick, I’ve got you covered! These are all beyond easy to whip up, and only take a few ingredients that you’ve probably already got in your fridge.
Storing / Reheating Leftover Avocado Fries
Since avocados oxidize so quickly, your fries will only stay good for a day or two. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. To keep them nice and crispy, I recommend reheating them in the air fryer for a few minutes until warmed through!
Slice the avocados in half lengthwise and then cut into wedges. In a shallow dish add the eggs, in another dish add the flour, and the last dish adds the panko, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
Dip the avocado into the flour, then egg, and lastly in the panko. Lay in the basket of your air fryer.
Spray the avocado with olive oil spray. Cook at 360 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Then flip over and cook for 5-7 minutes until golden and crispy.
Calories491kcal (25%)Carbohydrates42g (14%)Protein12g (24%)Fat34g (52%)Saturated Fat6g (30%)Polyunsaturated Fat5gMonounsaturated Fat21gTrans Fat1gCholesterol123mg (41%)Sodium753mg (31%)Potassium1091mg (31%)Fiber15g (60%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A493IU (10%)Vitamin C20mg (24%)Calcium93mg (9%)Iron4mg (22%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.