Wow! Brooke has nailed this amazing meal prep by pulling together 104 serves of main meals and snacks in under 5 hours! What’s more, ALL the ingredients cost under $300 with some ingredients left over!
Brooke is following the new 3 Pot Meal Plan in the Healthy Mummy App. This is a new meal plan and perfect for busy mums who want to get organised so they spend LESS TIME in the kitchen during the week!
How does the New 3 Pot Meal Plan Work?
This new meal plan is all about making the most of your time in the kitchen, and ultimately saving you time and money. With this plan, you make 3 bulk recipes per week and turn the leftovers into a variety of wonderful meals.
This sort of of meal plan is ideal for busy mums like mum of 2 Brooke Baker, who took the opportunity to get ahead by following the 3 pot meal plan as part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Brooke knows all about the benefits of meal prepping, having lost a whopping 38 kilos in 15 months with the Healthy Mummy.
She says, ‘Having a freezer stash of meals and snacks leaves very little room for grabbing for anything else. It helps keep me on track and accountable.’
What’s more, Brooke was excited to take the concept of meal prepping to the next level, by following a meal plan that incorporates 3 main bulk dishes into the week’s plan.
Brooke says, ‘I love cooking meals with similar ingredients, I find it really cost effective and I find it makes the meal prep go smoother.’
The meal plan in the Healthy App provided Brooke with all the tools to make this meal prep so easy to follow.
‘I used the app to plan my meal out and to also follow the recipes.”
What Brooke made on her meal prep
For the first week of the 3 pot meal plan, Brooke made 3 Bulk dishes, out of which 3 other meals were made
Bulk Meal 1 – Slow Cooked Asian Chicken
Brooke made the Bulk Asian Chicken recipe which provided 3 containers of chicken to be used in 3 other healthy ways.
Recipe 1 : Slow Cooked Asian Chicken with Rice and Broccoli – Get the recipe here
Recipe 2: Satay Chicken Noodles
Recipe 3: Asian Rice Paper Rolls
Bulk Meal 2 – Chilli Con Carne
For the second bulk dish, Brooke cooked up a big batch of healthy Chilli Con Carne, using budget friendly pantry staples.
Get this recipe on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Recipe 1: Chilli Con Carne With Rice
Recipe 2: Chilli Stuffed Capsicums
Recipe 3: Chilli Nachos Tray
Bulk Meal 3 Cheesy Veggie Bake
This family friendly and veggie packed casserole is perfect for bulk cooking. Brooke made up two big batches and portioned up the second half to use in other dishes.
Recipe 1: Cheesy Veggie Bake – Get the recipe here
Recipe 2: Cheesy Veggie Tuna Bake
Recipe 3: Cheesy Veggie Bake with Sausages
What else Brooke made from the meal plan:
Brooke cooked up other breakfasts, snacks and desserts from the weeks meal plan that lend themselves to prepping and cooking in bulk.
Brooke’s Top TEN Tips for Meal Prepping
1. I used frozen vegetables in some dishes to save money
2. with Capsicums being very expensive at the moment I tried to find alternatives and found tinned to be cheaper
3. I utilised my slow cooker to save space in the oven and stove top
4. Included the kids with the washing up
5. pre cut ingredients for each dish
6. I found the dishes to be very generous servings and I was able to stretch them out further I also added a few extra pieces to create other meals as in mashed potato with the sausages and veg bake
7. I used plastic dishes so I can easily see what’s inside as well as being able to re use them.
8. I had all recipes printed out
9. I created a timeline for cooking times
10. I started with the dishes that had the longest cooking time I.e my slow cooker dishes
Brooks Amazing Weight Loss Story
At the beginning of last year, Brooke Baker decided it was time to make a change!
She says she had an unhealthy relationship with food and was constantly tired, always bloated and struggling to keep up with her two young kids.
That’s when she decided she needed to become a healthier version of herself and signed up for the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Incredibly, Brooke, 29, has managed to lose 38 kilos and dropped 6 dress sizes in just 15 months!
“I have so much more energy then I have ever had before. Instead of sitting back watching I can be involved in all activities with my children and not feel totally exhausted which is what has kept me motivated all along,” she says.
“I just want to be the healthiest and happiest version of myself for not only me but my family.”
What’s more, Brooke says her mental health has greatly improved since finding The Healthy Mummy.
“It has introduced me to exercise which I never thought would become such a big part of my daily routine and such a great way to clear my mind,” she says.
Brooke’s 3 tips for success
- Meal Prep, being organised and always having snacks prepared
- Belief within YOURSELF you can do anything you put your mind to.
Join Brooke on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
We’ve proudly helped millions of mums transform their health. Mums just like you completely transforming their health and bodies. You can do it too (and it’s easy!)
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is the mums only 5 star rated app with over 1.6k reviews in 8 weeks!!
You get unrestricted access to :
● Nutritionist & chef designed weekly meal plans
● Over 500 different Personal Trainer crafted at-home workouts
● Daily Motivation from My Coach
● Personalised Shopping lists to make life easy
● Over 6000 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips
● REAL TIME support from The Healthy Mummy Team and OVER 300,000 other mums