Beet & carrot soup
- 1 Beetroot, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 1 Garlic, minced
- 1 inch Ginger, minced
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- A Handful of Spinach
- First, boil some water for your carrots, beats and onions
- Once they are cooked, take a blending jar, put in the carrots, onions and beets to make a smooth paste.
- Next, take a sauce pan and melt 1 teaspoon butter
- Add bay leaves, garlic, and cumin seeds until it crackles.
- Pour in the puree and cook for a minute.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red chilli powder, and cook for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Pour in the veggie stock and let it simmer.
- Add in the lemon juice.
- Remove it from the heat once it has thickened and serve hot