Fruit & Nuts Rice phirni
- 6 seedless dates
- 2 tbsp Basmati rice, soaked in water
- 31/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds, peeled
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- A few saffron strands
- 1/2 cup mixed fruits
- Soak the basmati rice for at least 1 hour in water.
- Now, also soak the dates and nuts for 15 minutes in 1/2 cup of warm milk.
- Drain the water from the rice, pat it dry, and crush it coarsely.
- Next, grind the soaked dates and nuts into a paste.
- Place a vessel on the stove and pour in the low fat milk.
- Bring milk to a boil.
- Meanwhile, once the milk is at the boiling temperature, use a ladle to remove some milk and pour it into a small bowl.
- Soak some saffron strands in the small bowl of milk
- Pour the crushed rice into the vessel and let it simmer with the milk for 5 minutes on the stove.
- Reduce and let the milk thicken.
- Remove from the heat.
- Mix in the nut paste and cardamom powder, then set aside to chill.
- Pour into some glasses and place it in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with chopped fresh fruits and serve chilled.