Healthy Dates & Ragi cake
- 1 cup dates, desseded
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup oats, powdered finely
- 1 cup ragi flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flax seed (powdered and soaked in 4tbsp water) or 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup jaggery, grated.
- First, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Coat and dust a cake pan or tin.3
- Soak dates for 15 minutes in hot water
- Grind the dates with jaggery and cocoa powder into a paste.
- Next, take a bowl and pour in the milk
- Add the vinegar into the milk and set it aside.
- Sieve all of the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the oil and flaxseed mix into the mixing bowl.
- Pour in the milk mixture and fold in the dry and wet ingredients.
- Add the date and cocoa powder paste and mix together.
- Pour the batter into the buttered pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow 15 minutes for the cake to cool before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool entirely.
- Serve warm