Healthy Vegan Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups Plant Milk Pick your favorite! Almond, coconut, cashew, soy, oat or hemp
- 1 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 4-5 Pitted Dates
- 2 pieces vegan dark chocolate
- 1 pinch Salt
- A splash of vanilla
- Optional – coconut cream for topping
- In a sauce pan, combine the milk, cocoa, dark chocolate, and dates.
- Season with salt and vanilla.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the dates are tender.
- In a blender, combine the hot milk and soft dates.
- Blend until it is smooth and creamy
- Transfer to a mug, top with coconut cream and grated dark chocolate, and serve!