This TikTok-inspired recipe is taking the internet by storm! The twisted shape makes it both soft and crispy. Twisted bacon is a tasty new take on breakfast that you won’t want to miss!
You can’t go wrong with bacon. Add it to any meal and it will instantly become more delicious! Bacon ranch potatoes, bacon-wrapped asparagus, and air fryer bacon are just a few of the countless bacon recipes on the blog. They’re juicy, meaty, and sure to please!
Baked Twisted Bacon Recipe
My teenagers always like to keep me updated with the latest food trends on TikTok. I can be a little skeptical sometimes, but every now and then a trend comes along that I actually really like! This twisted bacon is just that! It’s easy, it’s delicious, and the twisted shape adds a subtle change in texture to a classic breakfast side. And if you’re wanting more easy and delicious breakfast recipes, find my full list here!
My favorite things about this twisted bacon are that it’s super easy to make and mess-free! No need to fry in oil or keep checking to see if it’s cooked through. All you have to do is twist, lay your bacon out on a pan, and then pop it in the oven! It’s so hands-off but turns out perfectly crispy and delicious every time! Serve it as a quick and easy snack or alongside my tried and true scrambled eggs for a breakfast the whole family will love!
Everything You Need to Make It
Nothing fancy needed here! All this method requires is your favorite bacon, a baking sheet, and a little aluminum foil!
- Bacon: I used regular bacon here, but feel free to experiment with different flavors and thicknesses!
- Baking Sheet: This recipe makes a lot of bacon, so be sure to use a baking sheet large enough to accommodate it all!
- Aluminum Foil: I like to line my baking sheet with a layer of aluminum foil to help the bacon crisp up nicely and catch excess grease. (It also makes for an easy cleanup!)
How to Make Twisted Bacon
Twisted bacon is beyond easy to make and I love that it’s mess-free! Pan-frying bacon can be a little tedious, that’s why this method and using an air fryer are my new go-tos! It makes preparing breakfast a breeze.
- Preheat Oven: First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Twist Bacon, Add to Pan: Twist the bacon tightly. Place them closely on the baking sheet so they don’t unravel.
- Bake: Cook for 20 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 10-15 minutes until the bacon has reached the desired crispiness.
Tips and Variations
Customize and perfect your twisted bacon with these easy tips and tricks! It’s so tasty, you won’t want bacon any other way. Thanks, TikTok!
- Cook One Layer at a Time: Don’t worry about spacing out your bacon too much. You need your twists to be close together so they don’t unravel. Just make sure you only cook one layer at a time! If you stack your bacon it may not cook through properly.
- Different Flavors: To jazz up your twisted bacon, try sprinkling a little lemon pepper, Cajun, or Italian seasoning on top before baking!
- Serve With: These bacon twists are the perfect shape for dipping! Try serving them with honey mustard, ranch, or BBQ sauce!
We’ve all been there, your eyes were bigger than your stomach and you made too much bacon. Good news is, your twisted bacon can be stored and used for a quick snack or in other dishes! Crumble it to add on top of a wedge salad, or throw it in bacon cheeseburger soup!
- In the Refrigerator: Store leftover twisted bacon in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up to 5 days.
- To Reheat: You can reheat your bacon in the microwave for 30 seconds or until warm, or pop it in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Twist the bacon tightly. Place them closely on the baking sheet so they don’t unravel.
Cook for 20 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 10-15 until the bacon has reached the desired crispiness.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.