Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados is a soft, ripe avocado stuffed full of lean ground turkey meat topped with black olives, sliced cherry tomatoes sprinkled on cheddar cheese and garnished with cilantro. A healthy twist on tacos!
Turkey is a lean meat and lighter for everyday meals. Try more delicious turkey dishes like Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps, Turkey Stuffed Peppers or Turkey Mediterranean Casserole that are light and tasty.
Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados
Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados are rich in flavor with low calories and all the flavor!
You will be pleased with how light and tasty this quick lunch or light dinner is.
Are Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados healthy for you?
Yes! These Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados are SO good and taste just like a taco, with a twist!
These have ALL the flavor with less calories.
Light and tasty avocados are just what you need to make this a light dinner or a healthy lunch.
Avocados are full of healthy fats.
What you need to make Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados:
- Ground Turkey: Cook and drain the turkey meat.
- Homemade Taco Seasoning: The BEST Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Tomato Sauce: this is a thickener and helps add to the turkey meat.
- Avocados: It is best to buy larger avocados for filling.
- Cheddar Cheese: sprinkle over top.
- Sour Cream: just a dollop over top lightens up the dinner.
- Olives: canned olives that are chopped.
- Chopped Tomatoes: Roma tomatoes or cherry tomatoes are best.
How to make Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados:
Picking the best avocado is going to be the hardest part of this whole dinner, that is just how simple and easy this dinner is.
Ripe, green, almost purple avocados are the best ones to choose at the grocery store.
With a gentle squeeze you will be sure to know which avocado is best to bring home and start stuffing.
Once you have the avocado in hand, cut in half and remove the avocado pit.
Dig a little deeper with a spoon to hollow out just the right amount of avocado for stuffing in the turkey meat.
You can also use the extra avocado to make guacamole with.
Once your avocados are prepared, add in your turkey meat and toppings!
- Cook the ground turkey: In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat at the ground turkey. Cook and crumble until cooked throughout. Add the chili powder, onion powder, dried oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Add in the tomato sauce and let simmer.
- Prepare the avocados: Remove the pit from the avocado and fill each avocado with mixture. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Toppings for Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados:
- Corn: fresh or frozen warmed up and placed over top.
- Lettuce: sprinkle over top of the turkey meat.
- Jalapeños: add some spice to the avocado.
- Black Beans: canned is easiest and just add it right over top.
- Red Onions: chopped up
- Rice: Mexican rice or white rice is fun to add in.
- Salsa: I have a few great salsas to try. Your classic salsa: Best Blender Salsa (5 Minutes!) or 5 Minute Mango Salsa for a fresh fruity salsa.
- Pico de Gallo: such a refreshing salsa and simple to make.
Tips and Variations for making Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados:
- Different protein: Substitute lean ground beef or shredded chicken.
- Avocados: Ripe is best and the larger the better as well. Make sure your avocado is gentle and a little squeezable if you are planning to make the day of.
- Cheese: Mix it up a bit and try jalapeño cheese or Mexican blend to enjoy on top.
- Making ahead: Avocados do not last too long when made ahead. I would suggest preparing the turkey meat ahead of time and storing in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When you are ready to make and prepare the avocados, simply warm up the turkey meat and stuff the avocado with it and toppings for your meal.
More Delicious Tacos to Enjoy:
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 people
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- chopped tomatoes
In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat at the ground turkey. Cook and crumble until cooked throughout. Add the chili powder, onion powder, dried oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Add in the tomato sauce and let simmer.
Remove the pit from the avocado and fill each avocado with mixture. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g15%
Vitamin A 247IU5%
Vitamin C 11mg13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.